Young Investigator Award
Young Investigator Awardees have been selected by the WSC 22 Scientific Committee.
Notifications have been sent out to the winners and applicants.
Who is eligible?
- Young physicians aged 40 or less on October 26, 2022 may apply to receive a scholarship
- Must be a resident of a country classified with low-income and lower-middle-income economies*
*For World Bank Country Classification: COUNTRIES
What does the award consist of?
- Registration Fees for the Congress
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a pre-selected hotel and travel support (max USD 1000 for both)
- Award Certificate after the Congress
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted by the scientific committee of WSC 2022
- Applicants should be good standing (i.e. paid up) members of WSO
- Awardees’ information is to be published on the Congress website
- Abstract submission can be done via the website
- Submission of the abstract online together with a scanned copy of passport showing date of birth is mandatory – Please upload these during the abstract submission process
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of abstract evaluation by the Scientific Program Committee
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application before the end of the early registration fee deadline
To register as a member of WSO, Please complete the registration form via the link: